TradExtra does its utmost to ensure the privacy, confidentiality and security of its clients, all of which are preserved both throughout their interaction with the company and afterwards, as required by law.
1. When clients register with TradExtra they acknowledge their willingness to share with the company certain private information which we use for the purpose of confirming the client’s identity and ensuring the security of their deposits and trading account. This information is collected in-line with our stringent verification procedures which are used to deter international money laundering operations and to ensure the security and safety of our customers' trading activity.
2. Our clients undertake to supply us with true and accurate information about their identity. Furthermore, they are required to state categorically that they are registering and trading on their own behalf and that they are not seeking at any time to act in any manner which could be considered fraudulent, nor are they seeking to impersonate any other individuals for any purposes whatsoever. It is important to keep us informed about your personal data as soon as something important changes so that your profile will always be up to date, and in accordance with any laws.
3. We share information with the associated firms and other persons processing your personal information and/or with banks and clearing houses in order to deliver the products you need for the best binary options trading.
4. TradExtra’s data collection procedures include the collection of a client’s freely disclosed information as shared with the company, in addition to the placement of cookies for the purposes of gathering data about the manner in which clients interact with the TradExtra website. These tools for gathering a client's information are employed for the purpose of ensuring the customer's own security and all data collected by the company is shared only with individuals within the company who are involved with the verification of customer account information for the express purpose of ensuring the customer’s confidentiality and security. The foregoing notwithstanding, TradExtra is entitled to gather and use any statistical, usability and analytics information at its sole discretion.
5. TradExtra will never disclose any private or otherwise confidential information with regards to our clients and former clients to third parties, without the express consent of our clients, except in such specific cases in which disclosure is a requirement (a) under law or court order, (b) to credit reference and fraud prevention agencies; (c) national and international enforcement bodies and courts when they require this kind of information, as laws and regulations demand; (d) to defend TradExtra against any claim by you or by third parties; or (e) is otherwise necessary in order to perform verification analysis on the client’s identity for the purposes of safeguarding their account and securing their personal information.
6. By registering with TradExtra and through the voluntary interaction they undertake with TradExtra’s products and services the client confirms and agrees that they consent to the use of all or part of the information they supply concerning their TradExtra trading account, the transactions they undertake through it and the interactions which they perform with the company on behalf of the company. All interactions the customer undertakes with the company will be stored by the company for the purposes of record and as such may be employed by the company, including in such cases that disputes arise between clients and TradExtra.
7. TradExtra ensures the confidentiality of its clients' personal information including the implementation of data protection procedures. TradExtra ensures that its data protection policy is regularly d in order to ensure that a client’s confidential information is continually safeguarded.
8. From time to time TradExtra may contact clients; including by phone or email, for the purpose of offering to them further information about TradExtra services and products, binary options trading or financial market trading. In addition, the company may, on occasion, seek to contact clients, including by phone or by email, for the purpose of informing them of promotional offers provided for the client by TradExtra. Clients consent to the receipt of such contact when they consent to our terms and conditions of use when registering with TradExtra. Any person wishing to opt out of further contact with TradExtra at any time whatsoever is entitled to do so, simply by contacting the company whether by phone or email and requesting that no further contact on behalf of the company be made.
1. TradExtra.com has established an information security team responsible to:
a. Protect your private information.
b. Using secure sockets layer (ssl) certification.
2. If you have any questions please contact us at support@TradeXtra.com